Tuesday, March 17, 2009

One from one of our follower's great article

34 Kinds of sex, and still counting
Posted By jss on February 24, 2009

I was thinking this morning about people who have idealized monogamous sex within a loving and committed relationship. You know the ones, who have good marriages or are otherwise partnered with their best friends and soulmates.

I’m thrilled for all of them, truly; even the ones who look down on the rest of us or think we’re all pretty much damned to crackle in Hellfire and already smell vaguely of sulphur. Even though the word “soulmate” makes my skin crawl a little. There are more of us than there are of them, obviously, and I do not feel compelled to cite statistics right now.

Anyway, it occurred to me that idealizing this kind of relationship implies, further, idealizing a particular kind of sex … and that is “I really love you” sex, including the “I still think you’re the hottest thing on the planet” foreplay. There is a body of literature (I use the word loosely) about hot monogamy. (Serial monogamy represents a series of failures of hot monogamy, I suppose.) Religious conservatives love to postulate that Christians have better sex than heathens, or should, anyway, since they’re having sex that is actually blessed by divine and almighty power …

But anyway, for fun, I’ve made a list of 20 25 34 other kinds of sex that people have, or at least that I’ve had. It took me five minutes to make the list. Five. Minutes. If you’ve had all these kinds of sex with ONE partner … well, let me know. You win something or the other.

Feel free to add your own worthy variations in the comments … if there’s enough responses, I’ll update the list with attribution and links.

to read the rest and see the list click here: http://www.intotemptation.net/2009/02/24/34-kinds-of-sex/#more-316

No comments:

Post a Comment