Thursday, March 12, 2009

Swingers on Life of Mars

A few Blogs ago I talked about an episode of CSI that upset me over there pretrial of Swingers... In that posting I mentioned that the TV series Life of Mars would be doing a show that had a focus of swingers / wife swapping… I am very please to say that Life of Mars was good… Since it is based back in 1973 the depiction of Swingers seemed true to form. It’s is a bit before my time however from the studies of the lifestyle it seems to be true to the history. When they broke out the bowl for car keys I had to laugh… that seemed a common theme back then – attend a party, drop your keys in a bowl and later the wives would reach in the bowl and grab a set of keys and then go to a room with the owner of those keys. Truly a wife swapping adventure… In my opinion things and thinking has progressed since then but even in that reflection of history they had rules of swinging. It was quite refreshing to see the writers include that fact. Again the motive for Murder was Jealousy; because the husband broke the number one rule don’t fall in Love. Emotions can be a powerful thing and TV does stress the extremes so this angle doesn’t bother me in the least. If you are new or a longtime member of the Swinglifestyle jealousy can and probably will arise. It is the communication that you and your spouse share that will help you deal with any issues that come up. So the question might be is it really worth it to get involved in the Swinglifestyle? I say most definitely if your relationship is strong and you communicated with your spouse the closeness you can achieve far outweighs any isolated instant of jealousy that would come up.

No comments:

Post a Comment